When you visit the Dentist in 48375 you shouldn’t just sit in the chair and nod at everything he or she says. While listening is certainly important, so is asking questions. Taking an active role in your dental health will help you to maintain a bright, white smile.
Here are 5 questions you should ask your dentist during your next visit:
- What toothpaste should I be using? One walk down the toothpaste aisle of any store and you’re overwhelmed by the choices. Tartar control, whitening, baking soda…those are just a few of the varieties out there. Knowing which toothpaste is best for your oral health will ensure you are taking the best possible care of your teeth.
- Should I be using mouthwash? Since mouthwash is not a necessity of good dental hygiene, it’s important to ask your dentist if mouthwash is right for you, and if so, what kind. Mouthwash with alcohol can irritate your mouth while alcohol-free mouthwash with fluoride can help maintain tooth enamel.
- What foods are good for my teeth? We all know sugary foods should be avoided to keep cavities and tooth decay away. But, you may be surprised at the sugar content of some foods you thought were healthy. Your dentist will be able to tell you which foods you should add to your diet and which ones to avoid.
- Am I brushing the right way? Although we all learned how to brush our teeth when we were kids, it doesn’t mean we’re doing it the right way now. Ask the dentist how much pressure you should be applying as well as the technique.
- Is there anything my general practitioner needs to know about my oral health? Oral hygiene is linked to so many other issues in the body. Your dentist may spot a problem in your mouth or see a side effect from a medication you are taking. Both are things you should tell your doctor about to get more information.
At Novi Family Dentistry, we will be more than happy to answer those questions and any more that you may have. Our top-notch dental team is the go-to practice when you’re looking for a Novi Michigan Dentist.
We want to hear from you!
For all your dental needs in Novi, Michigan, contact Novi Family Dentistry. Schedule an appointment to discuss the variety of services we offer. Call us at 248-946-8611 or request an appointment online. Our office is located at 23975 Novi Road, Suite 102 in Novi, Michigan. We look forward to meeting you soon!